Hilary Clinton, a nominee of the Democratic Party for the upcoming elections, has presented her Initiative on Technology & Innovation to outline the development of the technology sector mentioning the blockchain technology.
Hilary believes that it is important to leverage the power of technology and innovation for the benefit of all Americans. Keeping up to date will not only positively impact economy, but also will lead to immeasurable social benefits. “Home monitoring options for seniors will improve health outcomes and relieve pressures on family members; interoperable and next-generation public safety systems will mean faster response times and safer communities; smarter transportation networks will lead to less congestion, fewer accidents, and lower energy costs; and widely-deployed digital infrastructure will allow for wrap-around learning for our students in the home and in our schools”, says the report.
Hilary insists that technology can become that very force to lead to broad-based growth. It can reduce social and economic inequality, create good-paying jobs, and secure American leadership on the global stage.
Hillary emphasized five key parts at a Tech & Innovation Agenda:
1) The technology will allow creation of good-paying jobs on Main Street. The plan implies new commitments in computer science and STEM education, support for entrepreneurial ecosystems, and other policies to build the human capital pipeline.
2) The plan focuses on the mobile internet and the Internet of Things and offers to deliver high-speed broadband to all Americans, hook up public places like airports and stations and enable them to offer free WiFi.
3) America will stay the global leader in technology if promotes more high-tech exports and ensure the free flow of data.
4) Hillary offers to establish reasonable rules to support innovation – rules that foster healthy competition, reduce barriers to entry, and effectively protect intellectual property. At the same time, it is important not to forget about safeguarding privacy and security.
5) The plan will use innovations to make the government smarter, more efficient, and more responsive to deliver real results for the American people.
The report refers to blockchain as one of those technologies with huge potential that could revolutionize many spheres of our life.
“We must position American innovators to lead the world in the next generation of technology revolutions –from autonomous vehicles to machine learning to public service blockchain applications –and we must defend universal access to the global, digital marketplace of ideas. But we face challenges to both of these goals. There is fierce global competition in the global tech economy. And there are many countries that would rather regulate than innovate, or who do not shy from closing off markets, forcing technology transfer from U.S. innovators, or even shutting down the internet”, says the Initiative.
Even since Hillary’s appointment as a Secretary of State, she has supported Internet Freedom and advancing technological innovation as part of foreign policy. She focuses on the interrelationship between these issues and will advance American interests effectively.