Vega Protocol provides the derivatives scaling layer for Web3. It is a custom-built proof-of-stake blockchain, which makes it possible to trade derivatives on a decentralised network with comparable experience to using a centralised exchange.
VEGA is the network governance and staking token. It is used for:
- Voting on the creation of new markets on the network
- Running validator nodes on the network via staking VEGA tokens
- Earning fees from traders through staking and delegation
- Governing important network parameters which ensure markets are secure and fair
Vega Protocol implements a number of novel technology innovations, which enable high-performance trading of derivatives in a decentralised environment.
- Atomic margin calculations enable traders to maximise their capital-efficiency without compromising the safety of markets
- Pseudonymous trading identities ensure the network is accessible to anybody in the world without restriction
- The power to create new markets is put into the hands of the users of the network, through the permissionless market creation and governance protocol
- Strong liquidity incentives ensure that markets are attractive to both traders and liquidity providers at all times
Click to see more