Blockchain Beyond the Hype – BlockStart’s Startups Second Demo Day
Place/Date: - June 23rd, 2021 at 11:04 pm UTC · 3 min read
Contact: Nadine Teles,
BlockStart is a pan-European DLT/blockchain acceleration and partnership programme. Its main objective is to facilitate goal-oriented, business-focused, and mutually beneficial partnerships between DLT/blockchain solution providers and end-user SMEs, thus fostering blockchain adoption. BlockStart will support 60 tech startups and 60 end-user SMEs with mentoring, networking, and a total of €795,000 in equity free grants.
In its 2nd Open Call, 10 early stage DLT/blockchain startups from all over the EU and H2020 Associated Countries have been selected to a 6-month immersive acceleration programme. From those, 5 have made it to the Pilot stage of the programme and were given the change to test, validate and implement their blockchain-based solutions in the areas of ICT, retail and fintech by partnering with end-user SMEs, willing to adopt their technology.
The Demo Day
On the 30th of June at 3pm CET (Brussels Time), the top 5 startups from BlockStart’s second acceleration programme will present their Minimum Viable Products (MVPs) and the pilots they have implemented in end-user SMEs over the past 6 months.
In addition to the pitch presentations, participants will get the opportunity to learn from the personal experience of a Venture Capital (VC) investing in blockchain projects, that will share tips on getting VC funding, key highlights on funding, maturity, product use cases and success stories in the B2B Blockchain ecosystem.
The Demo Day is free of charge, but registration is mandatory and participants should register here.
For more information, visit the Demo Day’s official webpage.
- 15h00-15h10 | Welcome
- 15h10-15h20 | 2 years of BlockStart 15h20-15h55 | VC Keynote speech
- 15h55-16h30 | Blockchain startups pitch – first part (2 startups) 16h30-16h40 | Break
- 16h40-17h35 | Blockchain startups pitch – second part (3 startups) 17h35-17h45 | Wrap-up and takeaways
- ComeTogether (Thessaloniki, Greece): established in 2018, ComeTogether gives control of the entire lifecycle to event organizers, providing the infrastructure for event ticketing, fraud and scalping prevention along with secondary market revenue management. Their BackTogether solution is a Covid-19 passport, integrated into ComeTogether, that adds a health component to the tickets, to enable the safe restart of events.
- IBISA (Luxembourg, Luxembourg): established in 2019, IBISA is a tech platform that leverages blockchain and Earth Observation satellites’ data to enable the next generation of micro- insurance for agriculture that is digital, cost-efficient, simple and scalable. Minorka is an extension of IBISA to democratize the access and use of Earth Observation data, acting as a marketplace for SMEs to easily identify and use valuable data for the businesses.
- Knowtary (Lisbon, Portugal): established in 2020, Knowtary is a web app that reduces document bureaucracy by validating and recognizing documents publicly and by fully integrating public and private identity and land registration
- LoanXchain (Milan, Italy): established in 2017, LoanXchain is the first digital secondary loan marketplace, enabling lenders and investors to cooperate to finance the real
- Motoblockchain (Malaga, Spain): established in 2018, Motoblockchain provides motorcycles’ owners the infrastructure to create a Digital Identity of the motorcycle and it gives buyers the possibility to access the history of the motorcycle they want to
The BlockStart Consortium
BlockStart is run by a team of 3 partners: Bright Pixel, an early-stage VC investor, CIVITTA, a leading innovation management consultancy in the Eastern and Central Europe, and F6S, a global tech founders’ community. This project has received funding from EU’s Horizon 2020 programme under grant agreement no. 828853.
Follow BlockStart on Social Media – Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn to keep track of everything that is going on, or subscribe to our Newsletter.
Subscribe to our telegram channel. Join