Content specialist with interest across sectors like Finance, Politics, Environment, Technology & Education. Loves Fiction! A reader, dreamer & blogger. When not writing, you will find her enjoying solitude like her cats
It is a non-custodial app which means customers can fully control and manage their Dash holdings without paying any exchange fee to a third party.
DashDirect, the new consumer-focused retail app by Dash, will bring ground-breaking results as it would mean direct adoption of cryptocurrency by retail merchants.
Cryptocurrencies would stop being a playground for the few as newer blockchain-based payment products enter the market. Dash, the open-source cryptocurrency, has made a fresh foray and launched its unique retail app that will help US customers not just spend their Dash cryptocurrency for everyday purchases but also earn instant savings.
This retail adoption of the Dash cryptocurrency was made possible with the investment from Dash Investment Foundation. The app was designed by an Arizona-based financial technology company called CrayPay in partnership with Dash Core Group. Soon customers in America can spend their Dash coins across their favourite brands and bring cryptocurrency into their everyday activities.
Key Features of DashDirect by Dash
- Customers can get an instant 12% savings on their purchases while at the same time enjoy the freedom of shopping at their favourite brands; 155,000 stores and 125 websites within the States.
- A promotional reward amounting to $100 app credit for the top 50 app users based on the highest volume spent in-app.
- It surpasses Bitcoin’s adoption numbers as a payments network. As of June, Bitcoin, the largest crypto by market value, was accepted at 22,883 venues.
- User-friendly dashboard with a record of expenses and savings and inclusion of features like tip giving and purchase of digital gift cards.
- It is a non-custodial app which means customers can fully control and manage their Dash holdings without paying any exchange fee to a third party.
- Extra savings worth 5% to 10% for new crypto users which means more instant savings.
- The list of merchants who have agreed to collaborate comprises both retail as well as online merchants. The list includes some of the most famous brands like Lowe’s, Subway, American Eagle, Best Buy, Autozone, CVS, Staples, GameStop, The Home Depot, Chili’s, Chipotle, DoorDash, Ulta, etc.
- DashDirect offers customers a way to spend their decentralized money while getting an average of 5% savings; thanks to the cryptocurrency’s efficient, low-cost transactions and the app’s merchant network.
- The discounts and rebates would keep evolving and rising for the customers depending on their app usage. Spend more, save more is the mantra.
Why Is This Retail App Revolutionary?
A lot is discussed about cryptocurrencies worldwide but a majority of the content has no connection with the average household. Crypto is often considered a digital asset in holdings much like how we hold commodities like gold. With such a reputation and amidst such global regulatory actions, the DashDirect app is indeed a brave step.
It is revolutionary because it will bring crypto into the mainstream consciousness and will introduce cryptocurrency in the retail market. To spend the digital cash while eating out at your usual Subway is a great leap in the crypto world.