Tech enthusiast and professional writer Katey Martin shares her list of top 10 IoT devices you should definitely check out.
Things that use the internet to make connections and responds to other devices, people or systems are called the internet of things (IoT). These IoT devices are purely integrated with high definition technology that allows them to bridge communication with other devices through the internet and also managed and controlled remotely when required.
Today, the world is getting more reliant on the internet of things. From our home, office, city streets and beyond, it is transforming every sector of our life. So if you are a homeowner or a business leader, looking for smart devices to make your life easy, you need to own more of these IoT devices.
Enlisted below are the ten most popular smart IoT devices that are used all over the world in present time.
Amazon Echo Plus
Amazon Echo Plus is a device for every household. It features premium speakers for powerful 360° sound, built-in smart home hub, and temperature control. You just have to ask Alexa to run songs, make phone calls, set timers and alarms. She could also check the weather, manage to-do, shopping list and many other things for you. Further, it easily connects to and controls smart lights, locks, plugs, sensors and more in your home or workplace.
- It plays songs and smoothly connects with external speakers
- It can make instant calls and message on voice command
- It can read the news, check the weather, set alarms, compatible with smart all smart home devices, and more
August Doorbell Cam Pro
August Door Cam Pro is a smart IoT device that lets you answer your door even when you are away from home by using internet connectivity. It constantly checks your doors and also captures videos before a motion alert.
- It provides Live HD video feed
- It provides 24-hour video recording
- It runs full-colour HD at night
- It constantly monitors doorstep and moments leading to motion alert
- It has a speedy and hassle-free installation process
Kuri Mobile Robot
Kuri is a smart small-sized robot for your home which is designed to interact with you and your family. It is designed to provide entertainment to people in a household. It interacts well with humans and has the capability to capture moments in the house daily. It navigates your house using a sensor array and knows exactly where it’s going.
- It has capacitive touch sensors and HD camera
- It has heart and speakers
- It runs music and dance
- It has a voice detection system
Nest Learning Thermostat
Nest learning thermostat is an advanced temperature controlling devices that automatically programs itself. It manages the home temperature based on your routine which means it can control the entire home temperature with no effort from the residents. You just need to use it for a week and it programs itself. Further, it tells you how much energy you saved from time to time.
- It connects with Alexa for voice control
- It saves energy by adapting to the room temperature
- It connects with mobile devices for full control
- It auto-away mode when there is no motion
Philips Hue Bulb System
Philips Hue bulbs system is one of the famous IoT devices used for the personal wireless lighting system. It allows users to control their home lighting and set the right ambience for different moments. It’s a high quality and energy-efficient LED lighting system that can be controlled through voice control when connected with a hue bridge.
- It schedules lighting and dimming
- It creates an ambience – wake up, sleeping, party etc.
- It creates an ambience – wakes up, sleeping, party etc.
- It can be wirelessly controlled away from home
Netgear Orbi Wifi System
It is an ultra-performance WiFi system that covers large areas up to 5,000 sq. ft. The system has a WiFi router and a satellite system that works with the existing internet service provider. It allows a fast and smooth internet connection speeds for all devices, even as more devices connect. It makes sure that your signal won’t drop as you move from one room to the next.
- It has a quick and easy installation process
- It offers smart parental controls
- It works smoothly with Amazon Alexa and the Google Assistant
- It works with all major devices
- It eliminates WiFi dead zones and buffering
Nest Smoke Alarm
Nest smoke alarm is another useful IoT device for home or office security. It is a smart smoke alarm that has the capability to think, speak and alert your phone when it’s required. It automatically tests itself using and lights your way too. It quickly thinks, before it speaks and tells you exactly where the danger is.
- It has an easy installation process
- It has the ability to be synced with mobile devices
- It has a friendly human voice to alert you
- It lights up with different colours to communicate the situation well
August Smart Lock Pro
August Smart Lock Pro is the lock for every home today. It has proven to be a highly reliable security IoT device that manages your doors from any location in a hassle-free way. It automatically unlocks the door when you arrive and locks when you leave. It has universal voice compatibility which accepts your command quickly.
- It checks your door status when you are away from home
- It provides a log of every person coming and going into your home
- It has advanced voice control that you can also control with Siri, Alexa and the Google assistant
- It has an easy installation process
Flow – Air Pollution Monitor
Flow air pollution monitor is a very useful discovery in the IoT market. It is an intelligent handheld device that helps you make the best air quality choice for you and your loved ones. It comes with an advanced air quality tracker that informs users about the quality of the air they are breathing. It provides a detailed picture of what you have been breathing for a passage of time by showing different results in the map available in its app.
It has a stainless steel body
- It comes with good quality RGB LEDs
- It displays live results on your smartphone
- It is light in weight and runs 24 hours on a full charge
Kasa Smart Plug Mini
Kasa Smart Plug Mini is an amazing IoT device which helps you control any appliance from anywhere. You can connect the smart plug with your phone or with Google Assistant and schedule your time for devices that are plugged into the smart plug.
- It helps you control your devices from anywhere
- It takes voice commands with a smart plug and other voice assistants
- It has a compact design than other smart plugs
- It lets schedule the plug to automatically switch on or off when you are away or home
Katey Martin is a tech enthusiast that carries interest in writing on different areas of technology. She works as a full-time academic writer at the reliable cheap essay writing service UK. Over the years of her long professional writing career, she has made sure to completely satisfy her clients by providing them with exceptional quality papers.