Sanaa is a chemistry major and a Blockchain enthusiast. As a science student, her research skills enable her to understand the intricacies of Financial Markets. She believes that Blockchain technology has the potential to revolutionize every industry in the world.
PayPal finds it essential to collaborate with global leaders in the field of crypto to offer better financial services to its users with adequate access.
American multinational financial technology company PayPal has created an advisory council to sustain and back products in the crypto space. The advisory council has been assembled essentially to help the firm navigate and take calculated steps in the direction of a digital financial system.
In an article published on PayPal’s website by senior Vice President for Blockchain, Crypto, and Digital Currencies, Jose Fernandez da Ponte, it was stated that the company had introduced a council of a total of six members.
PayPal, in an announcement on its website, described the company’s ambitions in the realm of blockchain, crypto, and digital currencies. According to the post, PayPal finds it essential to collaborate with global leaders in the field of crypto to offer better financial services to its users with adequate access. The post goes on to convey PayPal’s mission to offer an inexpensive and convenient financial framework that caters to all.
The six members of the advisory council are as follows:-
- Peter Briger Jr. – co-Chief Executive Officer of Fortress Investment Group
- Chris Brummer – a Professor at Georgetown University Law Center and the Faculty Director at Institute of International Economic Law
- Shafi Goldwasser:- besides being a Turing Award Winner, she is also the Director at Simons Insitute for the Theory of Computing UC Berkeley, C. Lester-Hogan Professor of EECS, RSA Professor of EECS at Massachusetts Institute of Technology, and finally, a Professor of Applied Mathematics and Computer Science at Weizmann Insititute of Science.
- Timothy Massad – former Assistant Secretary of the Treasury for Financial Stability who is presently a Research Fellow at Harvard Kennedy School and an Adjunct Professor of Law at Georgetown University Law Center.
- Neha Narula – Director of the MIT Digital Currency Initiative, a part of MIT Media Lab.
- Antoinette Schoar – Stewart C. Myers-Horn Family Professor of Finance at MIT Sloan School of Management.
Early in January this year, it was reported that PayPal was exploring the idea of launching its own stablecoin as the firm expands into the crypto space. Some reports also suggested that PayPal’s subsidiary Curv was working on the project that might see some success real soon.
For a while now, PayPal has become fairly agile with its cryptocurrency exertions. The company raised the amount of crypto its users could potentially buy and was also involved in teaching the users about Blockchain and its working.