Blockchain Fantasy Game ‘Augmentors’ Launches ICO, Raises 250 BTC in 6 hours

| Updated
by Tatsiana Yablonskaya · 3 min read

The successful pre-sale of the world’s first blockchain-based augmented reality game demonstrates the growing interes to the game both in gaming and cryptocurrency communities.

Augmentors, the first ever Blockchain-based augmented reality game created by Michael Deon, has successfully raised over 250 BTC within the first 6 hours of the ICO. The announced ICO started January 30, 2017, and will last until February 28, 2017.

The Augmentors game sees its mission in the launch of the world’s first Augmented Reality cross platform (iOS & Android) game backed by the Blockchain, underlying platform of the cryptocurrency bitcoin, where users will summon creatures into the real world to battle against enemies and foes.

The Augmentors game is a 3D modeled augmented reality fantasy game where 50 rare creatures, so-called Augmentors, each with its own origin and backstory, have power to make unique attacks, spells, and movements. Augmentors can be trained, traded or even swapped between players.

“Augmentors bring a new dimension to the world of gaming. Now for the first time you can take your gaming to the next level and summon your gaming creatures into the real world! Backed by the Bitcoin Blockchain, you can truly own your creatures and carry them with you and battle to be the best Creature Trainer in true augmented reality”, the creators say.

The game has already raised investment through Shark Tank. The successful pre-sale confirmed the existing interest to the game among both gaming and cryptocurrency communities. The goal now is to raise the rest of the $1 million required to complete the game development through the DataBits ICO.

If the platform doesn’t manage to raise the required $1 million by the end of the stipulated timeframe, all the funds raised will be directed to the development of the Alpha version of Augmentors. The team promises not to stop working on updates and new game features to finally come up with a wholesome game experience for the players of Augmentors.

The Augmentors team offers a selection of rare, one-of-the-kind creatures relative to their contribution size for those who will buy DataBits packages during the token sale period. Once the ICO is completed, all unsold DTBs and Creature tokens will be burnt to protect the tokens’ value.

Totally, Augmentors has created a total of 100,000,000 DataBits – 70% will be made available to investors during the ICO and the remaining 30% will be shared between development, marketing and promotion of the game.

“It’s been a long but exciting journey to conceptualize the mechanics of the game, design the 50 characters and their stories, as well how the token sale will work,” said Michael Deon, the creator and founder of Augmentors. “We think what sets this game apart is that backers of the game will have real ownership of their characters and the in-game currency, DataBits.”

The release of the Augmentors game is expected at the end of May 2017 on Google Play Store and the App Store. The Beta version will soon follow.

Bitcoin News, Blockchain News, Cryptocurrency News, News
Tatsiana Yablonskaya

Taking strong interest in blockchain, cryptocurrencies, and IoT, Tatsiana Yablonskaya got deep understanding of the emerging techs believing in their potential to drive the future.