Egor Pavlovich is CTO of Coinspeaker and a major bitcoin enthusiast. Egor is a specialist in radiophysics and is a keen follower of new and disruptive technologies – from the first moment he discovered bitcoin he knew immediately it was something special. After beginning a bitcoin mining operation he combined forces with Siarhei in 2014 to build professional provider of news for the cryptocurrency/blockchain community. His roles at the site include monitoring analytics, handling the site’s public relations campaigns, overseeing the editorial content in an executive capacity as well as dealing with advertisers and sponsors. You can contact Egor via [email protected]
The world of Bitcoin is coming to the Consumer Electronics Show 2015, sponsored by a partnership between BitPay, Circle, Kraken, Bitmain, Blockchain, Bitstamp, Private Internet Access, Robocoin, and yBitcoin.
Bitcoin payment processor BitPay along with 9 other bitcoin companies plan to bring the ‘World of Bitcoin’ to Consumer Electronics Show (CES) 2015. By partnering with Circle, Kraken, Bitmain, Blockchain, Bitstamp, Private Internet Access, Robocoin, and yBitcoin, the World of Bitcoin will be the largest and most complete showcase of Bitcoin at CES, representing 10 brands that are shaping this explosive technology.
“Bitcoin is rapidly redefining financial and commercial paradigms,” says Emily Vaughn, Marketing Manager at BitPay and organizer of the World of Bitcoin. “The showcase represents some of the top talent in Bitcoin technology and will provide a unique experience for the 170,000 CES attendees.”
The World of Bitcoin will encompass a 2,000 square foot island and host at least 10 companies from different corners of the Bitcoin ecosystem. Attendees will be able to download their first bitcoin wallet, purchase bitcoin, demo mining hardware, get a bitcoin exchange account, learn about online security, and meet the leading companies in Bitcoin industry.
The companies collectively represent over $100 million in venture capital funding – a true testament to the growth of the industry. The World of Bitcoin will be ground zero for exciting promotions, giveaways and product announcements from the participating companies.
BitPay is the global leader in bitcoin payment processing with offices throughout North America, Europe, and South America. The company recently raised over $32 million from top investors including Index Ventures, Founders Fund, and Sir Richard Branson.
Ten days ago Microsoft revealed that U.S.-based users now have the option of adding money to their account with Bitcoin via BitPay. This payment option is currently available for Windows, Windows Phone, Xbox Games, Xbox Music, and Xbox Video stores.
BitPay and ESPN also reinvent the identity of the Beef ‘O’ Brady’s Bowl, held annually in St. Petersburg, Florida, as the Bitcoin Bowl that will be held on Friday, December 26th, 2014. BitPay also debuted its NFC enabled payment app at Money20/20 in November and plans to kick off CES 2015 with a number of equally exciting announcements.
The World of Bitcoin will be located at the Las Vegas Convention Center South Hall, Booth 36223. Here’re all the partners (except BitPay) of the World of Bitcoin:
- Bitmain technologies Limited is a Chinese IC design company founded in the first quarter of 2013, which specializes in research, development and sales for custom mining chips and miners. We aim to quickly deliver innovative and competitive custom hardware solutions to help the community. Bitmain is able to provide the most power effective Bitcoin mining solution on today’s market.
- Bitstamp, based in United Kingdom, is one of the world’s most massive Bitcoin exchanges by volume. The company operates from the United Kingdom, and is headed by CEO Nejc Kodrič, who co-founded the company in 2011 with Damijan Merlak. The company initially operated in Slovenia, but moved its operations to the UK in April 2013.
- Circle is a consumer finance company focused on transforming the world economy with secure, simple, and less costly technology for storing and using money.
- Copay is an open source, multi-signature wallet. Copay was born out of bitpay’s own need to securely store Bitcoins. Bitpay consider that multi-signature technology will play an important role in helping people secure their bitcoins against loss or theft.
- Kraken is a San Frncisco-based leading bitcoin exchange for euro trading, offers advanced trading tools, a sophisticated user interface, robust technical security and full regulatory compliance to traders and institutions. Since its public launch on 9 September 2013, Kraken has grown to serve over 100,000 clients around the globe and is consistently rated as the top exchange due to its continued commitment to putting clients first.
- Private Internet Access is a London Trust Media Inc. project. It is a solution to privacy and security on the Internet to provide a secure virtual private network tunnel with super strong encryption. This enables users to appear as if they are another system on the Internet and, additionally, secures users on public wifi networks. This, with the addition of clearing cookies and any website session data, will effectively protect users identity, privacy, and security online.
- RoboCoin is the very first Bitcoin ATM company. On October 29, 2013, the first Robocoin ATM opened in the Waves coffee shop in downtown Vancouver, Canada. After 29 days of operation, The manufacturer reported that the machine transacted $1,000,000 CAD in volume.
- yBitcoin is a free, print and digital guide to the Bitcoin ecosystem, showcases the best of Bitcoin to a global audience of businesses, financial leaders, investors and enthusiasts. The company demystifies the cryptocurrency revolution by delivering informative content side-by-side Bitcoin’s most innovative companies, eloquently showcasing Bitcoin’s utility and value proposition. Commissioned and sponsored content offers insight into the Bitcoin economy and its move to wide acceptance. Easy-to-digest sections explore the underpinnings, promise and challenges of Bitcoin. Drawing from experts within the Bitcoin community, yBitcoin covers a wide array of essential topics: exchanging, mining, security, shopping, legal, investment, merchant benefits and more.
IBM are also expected to use the CES 2025 to unveil the first working prototype of ‘Adept‘, their new ‘Internet of Things’ project built on blockchain technology.