Artistone

First Metaverse Project Pavia Lands on Cardano Blockchain

UTC by Benjamin Godfrey · 3 min read
First Metaverse Project Pavia Lands on Cardano Blockchain
Photo: Pavia

The Pavia ecosystem will be powered by an in-game digital token PAVIA, of which 25% was airdrop to Pavia NFT landholders following a blockchain snapshot in December 2021.

The metaverse might be a relatively new concept to mainstream tech growth, it is not an avenue for many blockchain networks to sit on their oars with many currently making strides to float related projects with the latest being Cardano which welcomed Pavia, its first metaverse project. The concept behind Pavia is not entirely different from what the ecosystem has seen, but brings its own unique twist and peculiarity, thanks in part to its launch on the Cardano blockchain.

Since the smart contract functionality was introduced to the Cardano blockchain last year, the protocol has blossomed with a number of decentralized finance (DeFi), and Non-Fungible Token (NFT) projects to date. Despite the good traction that Cardano has recorded with respect to these innovations being floated, it still lagged behind in pushing the frontiers of the metaverse, a stalemate that Pavia has come to upturn.

The advent of Pavia is very thoughtful and got its name from Pavia, the birth city of Gerolamo Cardano, the Italian mathematician who inspired the naming of the blockchain network. Pavia was launched with 100,000 land plots, and 60% of these have been pre-minted by early adopters since it was launched from October through November last year. The minting of the remaining 40% is slated for this first quarter of 2022.

The Pavia ecosystem will be powered by an in-game digital token PAVIA, of which 25% was airdrop to Pavia NFT landholders following a blockchain snapshot in December 2021. The token is currently being traded on mueseliswap.com, a decentralized exchange built on Cardano that operates a basic, yet functional, order matching system.

The Pavia lands currently have about 8,300 landowners, and while users have taken over the ownership of their plots, the platform noted that “at this stage in development you cannot visit or deploy any content onto your land parcel. We are working hard to deliver the in-game Pavia experience.”

Pavia Metaverse Project and the Mainstream Brand Attraction

The metaverse is notably a digital or a virtual world where humans can interact as we do in real life, but with our avatars. While it may seem surreal, there is a growing expectation that the metaverse is going to redefine social interactions, and many big brands are now embracing the technology accordingly.

Binance.US, a subsidiary of Binance cryptocurrency exchange, is building an office on Portals, a Solana-based metaverse project, and global electronics maker Samsung, which launched a metaverse version of its flagship New York City store, dubbed Samsung 837x on Decentraland earlier this month.

While the concept is similar across the board, the development of the metaverse which is currently in its infancy is expected to see each pioneering protocol introduce its own twists and functionalities in the near future. With the prospects that metaverse lands are showcasing at this time, the projection of the industry to be worth $800 Billion by 2024 is fast becoming a reality.

Altcoin News, Blockchain News, Cryptocurrency news, News, Technology News
Benjamin Godfrey

Benjamin Godfrey is a blockchain enthusiast and journalists who relish writing about the real life applications of blockchain technology and innovations to drive general acceptance and worldwide integration of the emerging technology. His desires to educate people about cryptocurrencies inspires his contributions to renowned blockchain based media and sites. Benjamin Godfrey is a lover of sports and agriculture.

Related Articles