A functional and secure mobile wallet is essential in the democratization of any peer-to-peer monetary system. This initial version of Skycoins mobile wallet includes all the basic and some advanced features as well that incorporate flexibility as well as security.
Basic features such as:
- Creating a new wallet and loading an existing wallet
- A quick view of your transaction history
- QR-code scanner and generator
- New address generator
Skycoin also included a more advanced feature where you can select the specific UTXO (unspent outputs) for sending Skycoin. This allows a more flexible customization of Coin Hours usage for your needs.
For the more secure-minded Skyfleet members, you may even select your own node to make sure you are not reading from an adversarial or a hijacked node! To make your wallet even more secure, your wallet seeds are hardware encrypted and never leave your device.
Skycoin is not stopping there – developments are trucking along regardless of the market noise. Stay tuned for more exciting developments in the near future!
Download the wallet here: https://www.skycoin.net/downloads/ (only Android v6.0 “Marshmallow” and above)
The Skycoin Platform is the most advanced blockchain platform in the world. Developed by early contributors to both Bitcoin and Ethereum, Skycoin’s platform is completely secure, infinitely scalable, and ISP independent. Backed by bandwidth, storage, and computational power Skycoin is built to fulfill Satoshi’s original vision.
Skycoin consists of an ecosystem of technologies that work together in unison to provide a complete package:
- Skywire – Skywire is a blockchain-based internet service that removes the aging centralized protocols used for today’s internet. This mesh network consists of thousands of nodes that connect to each other directly for forwarding and routing of internet traffic. This creates a spider web-like network or mesh that is more stable, secure and faster than the current world wide web.
- Obelisk – To tackle this centralization problem, Skycoin moves beyond PoW/PoS. It uses a distributed consensus algorithm, called Obelisk, which distributes influence over the network according to a “web of trust”. In essence, every node has a list of other nodes that it subscribes to, and the density of a node’s network of subscribers determines its influence on the network. Each node is assigned a personal blockchain which acts as a “public broadcasting channel” on which all of a node’s actions are visible and publicly recorded.
- Fiber – Skycoin’s Fiber network was built elegantly from the ground up to be robust, customizable and infinitely scalable. The beauty of Fiber is in its architecture, which allows it to easily overcome the challenges not solved by Bitcoin and Ethereum. In order to eliminate the slow speed and high cost of transactions, with the Fiber network, Skycoin’s team created a new consensus protocol known as Obelisk.